The Warehouse Associate Driver will deliver material to customers, vendors, other company locations, and job sites daily. Must have experience in driving a standard box or pick-up truck and pulling a trailer. A clear driving record is required. The Warehouse AssociateDriverwill also be required to assist with warehouse functions such as pulling/preparing orders, staging orders for shipment, properly and safely stacking product and loading product securely for delivery.
Essential Job Functions:
- Deliver product to customer,supplier, other company locations, and job sites, safely, efficiently, and in a timely manner.
- Assist customers in a friendly, efficient, professional manner.
- Verify accurate picking and packing of all loads for delivery. Ensure full and accurate customer deliveries.
- Load and unload safely and efficiently at delivery or pick-up destinations.
- Receive incoming material as directed.
- Place material and paperwork in designated areas; notify warehouse personnel of location.
- Daily close, scan, and file manifests.
- Work with warehouse personnel to assure trucks are loaded and ready for the next day.
- May be required to assist in counting of physical inventory per company/branch procedures.
- Deliver weekly maintenance and gas receipts to appropriate personnel.
- Identify and notify appropriate management personnel of issues/concerns with vehicles/equipment.
- Plan for vehicle/equipment repair and or replacement as directed.
- Engage with customers at delivery locations to ensure satisfaction with order fulfillment and material quality. Address customer issues and concerns with branch manager and associates. Reportany customer problems or concerns immediately.
- Perform other duties as required.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Valid Texas Class “C” driver license
- Clear driving record
- CDL a plus
- Knowledge of state driving laws and applicable safety practices and procedures
- Minimum of 2 years-experience as a delivery driver supporting a warehouse environment
- Warehouse experience including order picking, shipping & receiving, and cycle counting is highly desired
- Powered Industrial Truck experience a plus!
- Plumbing knowledge a plus!
- Ability to read, write and speak English fluently
- Basic mathematical principles
- Walk, stand, or sit for extended periods of time
- Move supplies, parts and equipment weighing up to 70 pounds
- Bend, stoop climb and work at heights greater than 3 feet
- Work out-of-doors in all weather conditions and temperatures
- Understand and carry out oral and written instruction
- Communicate clearly and concisely with strong inter-personal skills
- Computer and data entry proficiency
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work
- Ability to always demonstrate professionalism.
- Must be self-motivated, highly organized, able to problem solve, and have a desire to succeed.
- Ability to drive a standard box truck
- Ability to pull, and back a trailer
- Ability to Multi-task in a fast-paced work environment
- Must be reliable with excellent attendance
- Required to work overtime as dictated by business necessity
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.